Only good DNA is not enough to enjoy beautiful and healthy skin; decent personal habits and a
weekly skincare routine are necessary to take care of your skin. These habits pay you by keeping
your skin youthful and glowing. But the question is how you should take care of your skin. There
is not one plan that fits all.
Each individual has specific needs according to their skin type, but cleansing, toning, exfoliation,
and masking is some basic steps that you should cooperate in your weekly skincare routine.
Let’s discuss how exfoliating and masking weekly will change the appearance and texture of
Exfoliate – To Welcome Fresh Skin:
Exfoliation is the solution to get rid of a dull complexion. It keeps the skin smooth and fresh by
buffing away dead skin cells and impurities. We recommend exfoliating skin at least once a
week to welcome glowing skin. Following are some benefits your skin will enjoy if you start
exfoliating it once a week.
- Unclogs Pores: Exfoliation helps unclog pores by removing stubborn dead cells and impurities that are the reason behind blackheads and whiteheads (we all know how annoying blackheads and whiteheads are). Clear pores also help in the prevention of acne.
- Helps In Deep Penetration Of Skincare Products: Once your pores become clear after exfoliation, your skin products like serums and moisturizers will start to penetrate deep into your skin, and you will notice better results.
- Evens Skin Tone: Dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars can be disturbing, but exfoliation helps to even the skin tone, and it also improves skin texture.
- Boosts Blood Circulation: Exfoliation increases the circulation of oxygen-rich blood that nourishes your skin deeply, and it also accelerates cell turnover to bring a beautiful glow to your face.
- Collagen Synthesis: Weekly skin exfoliation will speed up collagen synthesis to make your skin plump, tight, and youthful. To receive these benefits, you can use two types of exfoliants according to your skin type.
- Physical exfoliants – scrubs, brushes, and pumice stones fall into this category. Physical exfoliants help clear up dead skin, but they can be a bit harsh on the skin if your skin is sensitive. It is advisable to use gentle physical exfoliants to avoid sensitivity.
- Chemical exfoliants – AHAs or BHAs like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and lactic acid fall into this category. These exfoliants are gentle on the skin, and their effectiveness is also better.
Apply A Mask – To Have Nourished Skin:
Treat yourself and apply a mask to pamper your skin with nourishing ingredients. It will be a fun
activity with promising results. Applying a face mask once a week will help you to overcome the
shortcomings of your daily skincare routine. Let’s discuss some of the main types of face masks
and how they affect your skin.
- Cream Mask – this is best for dehydrated skin or aging skin as these masks are loaded with moisture and nutrients to plump the skin.
- Gel Mask – feels like jelly and is well suited for normal to oily skin. Gel masks usually have ingredients that help in refining pores.
- Clay Mask – has absorbent, exfoliating, and astringent properties that help treat excess oil and inflammation. They are ideal for acne-prone skin.
- Exfoliating Mask – is used to remove dead skin and impurities to accelerate skin renewal. A chemical peel is also considered an exfoliating mask.
In a nutshell, we keep looking for quality products to achieve spotless young skin, but the
regularity of using these products is also significant. A weekly skincare routine can help us
achieve the dream skin we crave.